The Nuclear Family has been released on Hancock Street Records! Ask for it at your local independent record store or buy it here!

19 August 2009

Back in Oregon

I am back in Oregon after spending last Friday through Monday in Illinois. I was back there to attend my thirty-fifth high school reunion (and it was great seeing everyone who was there) and to practice with Shiver. I stayed (and practiced) in Bloomington and drove over to Quincy (and back) for the reunion.

I also found time (don't ask me how) to visit my high school German teacher, as I normally do when I'm in the area (Hi, Sandy!) and was able to re-connect with my high school Physics and Math teacher (and it was nice seeing you, too, Joyce).

My schedule looked like this (all times are approximate):

Thursday 6a-5p - Fly in to O'Hare, get rental car, drive down to Bloomington
Thursday 5p-6p - Check in to hotel, call Sandy
Thursday 6p-8p - Set up equipment for practice

Friday 8a-9:30a - Meet Sandy for breakfast
Friday 10a-8p - Band practice

Saturday 8a-2p - Band practice
Saturday 2p-3p - Shower, get dressed for reunion
Saturday 3p-6p - Drive to Quincy
Saturday 6p-10p - Attend reunion
Saturday 10p-2a - Drive back to Bloomington

Sunday 8a-9:15a - Search for Joyce's antique stall at Interstate Center
Sunday 9:15a-9:30a - Actually talk to Joyce
Sunday 10a-4p - Band practice
Sunday 4p-5p - Pack and load equipment (mine and others)

Monday 8a-9a - Take equipment to UPS store for shipping
Monday 9a-11p - Drive back to O'Hare

So that's it - how I spent my wild weekend. After ten hours of practice on the first day, my fingers were shredded, so I had to tape them for the next days' practice. Will I do this again? Probably. The good news is that (at my advanced age) high school reunions are only held every five years, so I won't have that in future trips. It was good to get together for practice.

The band is coming together, so I don't think we'll suck in April. We'll have another rehearsal in Bloomington at the end of October, and then get together right before the performance in Kalamazoo, Michigan in April. Anyhow, that's how I spent my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment